Last week was crazy on all different levels. The football was insane. The eating was insane. The basketball was insane. And I could go on. I will state that the normal Tiger Woods Thanksgiving drama was not missed.
Boise went down in flames. Their kicker, senior Kyle Brotzman, is the Broncos Bill Buckner, and the most hated man in Idaho. Auburn pulled off an epic 24 point comeback against a very tough Bama team on the road. The Buckeyes laid the smackdown of all smackdowns on bitter rival Michigan. And this was just in the College Game.
In the NFL, Andre Johnson showed that he is not only a great receiver, but a brutal bruiser. In the NBA, the Heat continue to struggle. Every first place team in the NBA has at least 4 players averaging double digits points per game. The Heat only have three. This could be a major problem in South Beach.
But lets take a look at the big events forthcoming this week.
5. The Cliff Lee negotiations are supposed to really take flight as the week progresses. Will the amazing hurler end up in NYC? Will the “Captain” remain a Yankee? We should know a lot more regarding these two big time free agents by the end of the week.
4. How will the BCS Bowl Games fill out? We will find out come next Sunday. Outside of an inevitable matchup between Oregon and Auburn (if they both win on Saturday), there is much indecision and confusion on how the other matchups will play out. Will Michigan State be the odd man out in the Big Ten? Will Arkansas receive the SEC’s 2nd BCS bid? It will be very interesting to see what teams are smiling next Sunday and which teams are frowning.
3. The NFL enters Week 13. Divisional races and the playoff picture are finally beginning to take a little shape. This Week’s spotlight will be shown brightly in New England though. What a Monday Night Affair we have in store with the Jets heading to Foxborough to take on the Patriots. Both of these teams currently sport the best records in the conference and sit tied atop the AFC East at 9 and 2. What shenanigans will Rex Ryan pull during the course of the week is another critical question that one should ask as this epic duel nears.
2. It is closing time in College Football (outside of the Army vs Navy matchup next week). We enter Week 14 with a somewhat clear view on who will be participating in the BCS National Championship Game. As long as both teams take care of business in their final games. All eyes will be on two main games involving these top ranked teams.
-Oregon vs Oregon State: Can the Ducks finish off a perfect regular season and secure a spot in the National Championship game? The rival Beavers, though in the midst of their worst season in some time would like nothing more than to spoil their rival’s Title hopes.
-Auburn vs South Carolina: Last year’s SEC Title game was a shocker as Alabama gave Tim Tebow the worst whooping of his life. Can the Old Ball Coach, Steve Spurrier, shock the world and lead his Gamecocks to an elusive SEC Title? South Carolina Freshman running back, Marcus Lattimore, will have to play the game of his life for Spurrier and the Cocks to pull the upset.
1. The Return of the King. Strap in folks. The Almighty LBJ finally makes his long-awaited return to Cleveland on Thursday Night. And boy should it be a wild show. My main questions regarding the evening.
-Both teams sit in 3rd place in their respective divisions. Will Miami finally begin to gel and show why Lebron took his talents to South Beach?
-Will anybody get shot during this grandiose evening? This includes Lebron James himself.
-Will tears be shed by Lebron?
-How much ESPN Coverage will be donated solely to this storyline throughout the week?
So there you have a glimpse into the upcoming week. This will be another week to remember in the wide world of sports.
Really is there ever a week that is not worth remembering in the sporting realm?
Stay tuned for the next edition of TheSportsKraze.