In the words of the famous John McEnroe, “You can’t be serious.” In a developing story that is finally hitting the internet, Georgia Athletic Director, Damon Evans, was arrested for drinking under the influence. This story is absolutely ridiculous. Evan’s actions on this evening should be a manual for what all UGA athletes should not do in life. The AD is supposed to be the face of an athletic department. A role model of sorts.
I will state that I am praying that none of this is actually true and this is just a story that really was depicted incorrectly to the public. But if it is true, and it probably is..
This guy is an absolute joke. Even if he gets off the hook and UGA does not fire him, I have no respect for the man.
– First of all, Evans was driving like a maniac forcing an officer to pull him over. So number one, he was putting others on the road in danger. Not to mention himself, and his “passenger.”
– That brings me to point number two. His passenger. Some 28-year-old Courtney Fuhrmann. So what is the problem with this? Oh yeah, Evans is a married man with two children. And to top this point off, he had a pair of red panties in between his legs.
– Point number three, he tried to use his power and the tactic of bribery to get off the hook. Apparently Evans repeatedly said to the police officer, “I am not trying to bribe you, but I am the athletic director of the University of Georgia.
– Point number four, if you have a hoe, get her in check my man. Evan’s accomplice, Ms. Fuhrmann, would not stay in the car. She disobeyed orders from the police officer and used the same tactic as Evans toward the officer. Fuhrmann said to the officer, “Just to let you know, it will be erased because he is the athletic director of UGA and he has that power.”
– Point number five, do not lie even more or you will develop a Pinocchio nose. He claims that he was just taking the girl home and was just holding her panties because she took them off. Fuhrmann told the officer that “they had only been seeing each other for a week or so.” Not sure what story to believe?
I know people make mistakes and this sounds horrible. But if this guy keeps his job, I will be in awe. People constantly are making examples and pinpointing athletes as feeling that they are above the law. This includes both college and professional athletes. Evans apparently felt like he was above the law on this night.
Current University of Georgia Athletic Director, Damon Evans.
Thanks for playing right into that stereotype. I will also state I feel bad for the conversations Evans will be having with his wife and family over the next couple of days.
It will be interesting. I still feel the way that I did when I first saw this story. I am in absolute awe and do not think that this can be for serious.
I pray that this story has been misconstrued and portrayed incorrectly. I do not want to believe that it is true.
Stay tuned for the next edition of Sportskraze.